Director of IT • IT Manager
IT Service Manager
Goal oriented, pro-active and self-motivated professional with over 22 years of extensive working experience in project management and technical skills. Translates requirements into specifications for systems and integrates knowledge with research. Years of cumulative business acumen, management theory and practical knowledge applied to domestic and international enterprise formation, planning and execution assignments. Strong strategic thinker comfortable in multi-disciplinary team settings or working independently. Articulate leader well versed in developing roadmaps in collaboration with senior leadership to develop, plan and implement innovative solutions to exceed levels of management. Generates consensus for the practical application of new ideas and best practices. Committed to growing bottom-line revenues while providing the highest level of customer service. Possesses very strong organizational, people and communication skills. Maintains a high level of personal drive, confident nature and an aggressive attitude in achieving results.
|technologies worked on|
HP, Compaq, Dell, IBM (Desktop, Laptops & Servers) CISCO, Blackberry, Scanners, Printers, Point Of Sale (POS), Avaya, ATT, T-Mobile, Verizon, Wincor Nixdorf, NCR, MS Windows 95, 98, Win NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, MS Office Professional, Lotus Notes, MS Outlook, Blackberry, Citrix, VPN, Wireless Networks, HP Open view, Track It, LAN Desk, Symantec Ghost, Retalix, IBM
|Areas of Expertise|
|ü Leadership and Strategy||ü Managing SLA,OLS and KPI|
|ü Business Development||ü Highly Organized and Strong Analytical Abilities|
|ü Project Management||ü Turnaround Management|
|ü Presentation Skills||ü Development and Implementation of Policy|
|ü Able to multi-task in fast-paced environments
ü Articulate Oral and Written Communication
ü Team Management
ü Vendor Management
ü Change Management
|ü Problem Resolution and Decision Making
ü Business Solutions
ü Organizational and Analytical Abilities
ü Productivity Improvement
ü Fluent in Spanish
|TBPC Services: Tampa, FL||2010 – Present|
TBPC Services is my own company providing IT Consulting to businesses.
|I.T. Consultant||2010 – Present|
Responsible for identifying opportunities for efficiencies in daily I.T. operations and implement changes where necessary.
- Currently performing Skill Gap Analysis for the entire Information Technology Department for Building Materials and Construction Services (BMC), a $2.91 Billion company.
- Efficiently managing teams of diverse individuals in fast paced environments.
- Preparing strategic I.T. Plan / Technology Roadmap document on a timely basis.
- Performing skill gap analysis to determine if the company’s IT staff has the technical skill set necessary to execute the company’s IT projects.
- Identifying gaps in skill sets and figure out possible actions required to close the gaps to ensure better company success.
- Establishing work priorities and develop, organize, and implement both individual and team work plan.
|Sweetbay Supermarket: Tampa, FL||2007-2010|
Sweetbay Supermarket is a chain of American supermarkets located entirely in Florida. The company is a part of the Belgian Delhaize Group. Supermarket News ranked Delhaize America No. 9 in the 2009 “Top 75 North American Food Retailers” based on 2008 fiscal year estimated sales of $19.2 billion.
Accountable for managing the I.T. Department in a 9,000+ employee company with 105 retail locations with 5 direct reports and vendors hired to support the Point of Sale (POS) Hardware and Software.
- Successfully installed Kronos time clocks at 103 retail locations, which saved the company over $696,000 per year in associate, break abuse.
- Administered project to replace legacy phone system with Cisco VoIP phone system in main office and 105 retail locations, fully integrated on the infrastructure level.
- Wholly responsible for more than $1.7 Million annually in IT CAPEX and departmental budgets.
- Spearheaded IT department staff in all aspects of process guidance, developing and improving skills in supporting 250 workstations and 125 servers, involving mainly HP hardware and provided constructive feedback on a timely basis.
- Secured a contract with Dex Imaging to replace the company’s network and stand alone printers saving the corporate office and Distribution center over $75,000 per year in toner alone.
- Designed, implemented and supported system engineering and infrastructure procedures for operating systems software, servers/hardware, monitoring, systems security and management.
- Automated deployment technologies such as Symantec Ghost, LAN Desk and BMC.
- Negotiated deal with HP and standardized company desktop hardware, drastically reducing both immediate and long term costs.
- Replaced all serial department scales with wireless scales to improve price change timing and reliability.
- Directed the systems engineering team for advocating the architecting, design, test, build and implementation of systems technology and practicing the technology.
- Managed backup and restored processing of servers, file and database structures.
- Governed multiple hardware and software vendors supplying nationwide infrastructure support.
IT Service Manager 2002-2007
Executive I.T. Support 2000-2002
Web Systems Administrator 1997-2000
Technical Support Trainer 1988-1997
Northwest Nazarene College: 1988-1990
Computer Science: Boise State University: 1990-1991
|Trainings and Certifications|
CompTIA Security + 2011 Objectives
CompTIA Network +
Project Management, ITIL, Corporate Leadership and HR Management training at Hewlett- Packard, Albertsons and Sweetbay
ITIL Foundations Training
Completed MicrEsoft certified courses – Advanced Server, Workstation, TCP/IP, IIS Total Quality Management
Skills for managing Conflict
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) Network
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- IT Vendor Management